Great Lakes BBQ Association Forum  

Go Back   Great Lakes BBQ Association Forum > GLBBQA Info > GLBBQA Elections -2014

GLBBQA Elections -2014 This is a forum for the Candidates of the GLBBQA BOD to post their platform and answer questions from our members. Formerly KCBS Elections Forum.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:53 PM

Jorge is on a distinguished road
Default Voting has ended

Win, lose, or draw I'd like to thank everyone that took the time to vote. I appreciate the time you've taken to become involved in the process, whether I was able to earn your vote or not. As a candidate, and a new member I tried to walk a fine line between participation and self promotion. I did not want to be "That Guy" that didn't know their limits and imposed himself on everyone. Now that voting has concluded, I'm looking forward to simply being a cook whether I'm elected or not. Thank you for tolerating me to this point!

I'll be somewhat close the the BBQ hotbed that is Michigan later this year. Those that venture to Chicago to cook are encouraged to come get a beverage while I try to figure out what to do about my chicken! Even you Bubba!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:11 PM

Rich Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
Win, lose, or draw I'd like to thank everyone that took the time to vote. I appreciate the time you've taken to become involved in the process, whether I was able to earn your vote or not. As a candidate, and a new member I tried to walk a fine line between participation and self promotion. I did not want to be "That Guy" that didn't know their limits and imposed himself on everyone. Now that voting has concluded, I'm looking forward to simply being a cook whether I'm elected or not. Thank you for tolerating me to this point!

I'll be somewhat close the the BBQ hotbed that is Michigan later this year. Those that venture to Chicago to cook are encouraged to come get a beverage while I try to figure out what to do about my chicken! Even you Bubba!
Thanks Jorge for sharing your views.

I am planning to make it down to Westmont this Spring and Libertyville this Fall so stop by for a beverage and I will share Scott's famous chicken recipe.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:40 AM
Administrator

spydermike72 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to spydermike72 Send a message via MSN to spydermike72 Send a message via Yahoo to spydermike72

Jorge,

Thanks for taking the time to come over here and share your views. I look forward to meeting you one day soon and having a cold beverage!!

Good Luck!!
http://www.rssbbq.com
Authorized Backwoods Smoker Dealer

President of the Great Lakes BBQ Association

For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know
Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 AM

Jorge is on a distinguished road

My thanks to those that took enough of an interest to vote, and a warning to those that voted for me... a bakers dozen give or take a few are in danger if my wife ever hears you say that you voted for me

Whether you did or didn't, I've been elected to represent the entire membership. During the campaign I specifically asked to hear from members that didn't agree with me about various issues. It's very important to me that, that continues. I want to know when you think I'm wrong, and I will give your point of view serious thought. I don't have a monopoly on being right!

Most importantly, please follow the issues as much as you can and encourage others to do so. Voter turnout was less than 18% this year, and is a decrease from last year. Regardless of the results, that does not serve KCBS OR the membership. Increasing participation, will become a priority for me.

The easy part of the job for me, is now done. I'm sure that I will be asking for input on various issues, as well as asking for help on the committees to serve KCBS. Please consider giving some of the time you may have to spare. I know how valuable it is, but it does provide you with the opportunity to make a contribution and a difference.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 AM

Rich Parker is on a distinguished road

Congratulations and good luck!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 AM

Bbq Bubba is on a distinguished road

Congrats Jorge! You guys will make a difference im sure!

I may take you up on that beverage. What the heck, i can cook chicken!

Pitmaster-Lockharts BBQ of Royal Oak
I cook the best brisket north of Dallas
Founder, Michigan Drum Corps
Northern midwest coordinator for Operation BBQ Relief
www.operationbbqrelief.org
#detroitporkmafia
Old 06-08-2012, 03:41 PM

Capt Dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
What the heck, i can cook chicken!
Says who?